A Plastic Model of a Lost Hospital: The San Lazzaro Leper House

Carla Serarcangeli

Abstract


The Museum of History of Medicine preserves a polichromatic plastic model drawned to a scale of one to one hundred . This model shows an hospital in Roma where, in the Middle Age, it was used to hospitalize lepers. The buildings were placed extra pomerium in account of sanitary reasons. They were composed of a church, that still does exist , and of a leper house, that was destroyed in 1938. The leper house became part of the Santo Spirito in Saxia hospital just in the XVII century. 

 

Key words: San Lazzaro - Leper hospital - History 


Full Text:

PDF


Copyright (c) 2019 Medicina nei Secoli